- About Us
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
There’s nothing we love more than seeing a pet find the perfect family! At this time SpayMart’s adoption centres feature cats and kittens, so if you’re looking for the perfect feline companion, you’ve come to the right place.
2. Look around to find one (or more) who seem like a good match;
4. Have a chat with one of our adoption counselors, either in-person or on the phone;
5. If you haven’t already, visit the adoption centre to meet & greet your new (potential) best friend;
6. If all goes well, sign an Adoption Agreement and pay the adoption fee;
7. Head home to begin life with your new (actual) best friend!
Note: All of our animals are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, micro-chipped, and ready to go home!
When SpayMart was founded, the mission was to end the unnecessary killing of cats and dogs, but over time we discovered that our facilities were uniquely suited to helping cats. So we did, especially knowing that.
The unfortunate truth is that cats are killed in shelters at a rate of about 5:1, compared to dogs. Of the approximately 7,200 animals killed in shelters in New Orleans last year, more than 5,500 were cats and kittens.
SpayMart’s Spay/Neuter Voucher Program serves dozens of dogs each year, and we’re adding canines to our Rescue Transport Program at the end of 2017. As SpayMart grows we’ll be serving more dogs than ever!