SpayMart relies on an enthusiastic community of volunteers for day-to-day operations, including stocking and maintaining our thrift shop, managing our PetSmart adoption centers, trapping and transporting animals, and providing support where it’s needed.
Lynn Chiche is SpayMart’s Founder, President of the Board, and Executive Director, held as an unpaid position. Widely known and respected in the field of animal welfare, Lynn’s boundless energy and determination drive the organization forward.
Meet the volunteers and staff that make SpayMart work!
- Patsy Watermeier is our Volunteer Coordinator
- Janice Russo & Patsy Watermeier lead the volunteers who support our thrift store and adoption center.
- Joan Avent & Lauree Nunez lead the volunteers who support the kitten foster program at our PetSmart Clearview location.
- Meechie Amato leads the volunteers who support the adoption center at our PetSmart Slidell location.
- Carla Gerard manages SpayMart’s Special Programs, including spay/neuter and rescue transport efforts in Mississippi.
- Jacob McArthur is SpayMart’s transport, maintenance, and all-around handyman.
- Christie Keith & Linda Schleicher manage our online social media presence.
Board of Directors
- Lynn Chiche, President
- Linda Dodenhoff, Secretary
- Lauree Nunez, Member
- Patty Hegwood, Member
- Angela Hill, Member
- Elaine Garvey, Member
SpayMart is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, EIN: 72-1418016. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.